Friday, May 27, 2005

An audience with Denzil

I attended Councillor Denzil Minnan-Wong’s Recycle affair last night at Parkwoods Plaza on York Mills Road.

After parking my car and removing the box of toxic stuff I brought for disposal I looked up to see Denzil staring at me “here’s the bus chaser” he said. I cheerily acknowledged his greeting and went about finding the proper location to drop off my toxic load and then came back to engage him in conversation.

Denzil stated that he had not read my Weblog or website and had no intention of doing so because I was biased and had an agenda. When asked what my agenda might be he said he wasn’t sure but he didn’t want to know anyway. I am curious about his agenda (apparently we all have one) at least mine is out in the open if not too popular in certain quarters.

To make a long story short he said he considered the 122 Bus route extension to be a done deal based on the positive results of his survey among the people in the neighbourhood even though, oddly enough, most of the people who indicated that they were in favour of the bus route extension obviously don’t use it.

He believes the Ridership numbers published by the TTC are accurate, mine are wrong. I invited him or any one he designates to participate in an actual counting exercise with me at the hour and day of his choosing. He refused, missing a huge opportunity to make me look like a fool.

I am apparently still considered a constituent but not one he wants to hear from.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home